St Anthony’s Battery is an early 18th century military outpost designed to serve as a gun battery for the defence of the coast and the channel between Gozo and Comino. It was built during the reign of Grand Master Manoel de Vilhena and was probably designed by the French military engineer Charles Francois Mondion in 1731/2. The Battery retains its original relationship with the surrounding landscape and seascape as these have remained practically unchanged since 1731.
Restoration works have now commenced on this property.
This project is being carried out in conjunction with the Qala Local Council and the Malta Environment and Planning Authority.