Joint Projects

04 May

Our Legacy – Wirtna 18/04/2018

We spend most of our lives within the built environment, be it at home, at a place of work, or whilst participating in education, business or relaxation. The state of the built environment has a major impact on the quality of life of all the citizens of these islands. Rapid changes are taking place, dramatically and irreversibly transforming the distinctive architectural...

03 May

Tribunal sends Townsquare project back to the Planning Authority

JOINT PRESS STATEMENT – TOWNSQUARE APPEAL DECISION In a joint statement, the Tas-Sliema Local Council, together with NGOs Din l-Art Ħelwa, Flimkien għal Ambjent Aħjar, Friends of the Earth Malta, Ramblers, Qui Si Sana and Tigne Residents Association and other organisations expressed their satisfaction at the outcome of yesterday’s Appeal Tribunal decision regarding the Townsquare development. The Environment and Planning Review Tribunal...

10 Oct

Abbatija tad-Dejr Catacombs

      A Partnership Agreement has been signed with Heritage Malta for the restoration of the site of Abbattija tad-Dejr Catacombs in Rabat. The strategic objectives are to safeguard the Catacombs for the enjoyment of future generations, to provide physical and intellectual access to this site for the enjoyment of different audiences, to contribute to the improvement and...

10 Oct

RESTORATION OF FRESCOS AT BIR MIFTUH

Kindly Sponsored by Malta International Airport plc  Thirty years after the first intervention, the much needed restoration of the fresco depicting the Last Judgement, on the internal westernwall, has been completed. This work was generously sponsored by M.I.A. p.l.c., who have been involved with the restoration of the church ofBir Miftuh since...

10 Oct

FIMBank sponsor preservation of Maglio Garden Monuments

FIMBank will be sponsoring the conservation of the nine monuments which adorn the Maglio Gardens in Floriana, better known to the Maltese as “il-Mall”. The project will be coordinated by Din l-Art Helwa. The Maglio Gardens date to the time of Grand Master Lascaris (1636-1657), and it is recorded that he built these as a recreational area for the knights, where...