Din l-Art Ħelwa will be carrying out a restoration of the Tower with the support of a Gal Majjistral Foundation Funding scheme and will require educational and information materials to support this programme.
1 : Restoration works for the Rehabilitation of Qalet Marku Tower.
Job No: 0342(137)
Job Address: Torri Qalet Marku, Qalet Marku, Baħar iċ-Ċagħaq
2. As part of the communication brief of this project we are looking for suppliers to supply:
1. An interactive eBook suitable for adolescents and adults
2. A childrens’ activity sheet suitable for under 13s
3. 1 outdoor signage Unit carrying a sign A3 in size and QR code
4. 1 3D Stone models approximately 14 inches square.
Main learning objectives of this proposal
- Information about the Qalet Marku Tower itself – Its history, location, building design, subsequent changes during the British period, restoration by Din l-Art Helwa
- The components of the Tower Garrison, its weapons and armaments.
- The purpose, history and security system offered by the De Redin watch towers.
- The many heritage ruins still present on the Qalet Marku area from different historic periods will be traced and written up as a trail.