PA 5079/19 is an application to build up entirely the garden of an old historic house in the heart of Lija; Triq il-Forn. The proposal involves excavation of three floors underground for parking, and the building of ten apartments with rooms at roof level. View more documentation at the bottom of this page.
This application is shocking on many counts;
- It will entirely destroy the green lung to two historic houses and to a dense historic urban area of Lija
- It will entirely destroy the aspect of the historic house which I believe is attributed to Salvatore Xerri ( 177 7– 1830)( See Andre Zammit’s book page 121)
- It will create an unprecedented density to the historic Triq il-Forn in place of a historic garden
- It will create two storeys on a very narrow lane
- It will create entry and exit problems for cars on Triq il-Forn which is an important circular route round Lija; entrance being at a very narrow part of triq il-Forn