19 September 2023
Photography exhibition launched by DLĦ and BOV
DLH and BOV join forces to encourage environmental awareness
Din l-Art Ħelwa is organising a photographic competition as part of its remit to improve education on the importance of the natural environment.
The competition is being sponsored by Bank of Valletta.
“The competition will be open for children between 10 and 16 years. As Education Officer, I have worked extensively with children of this age, and have found it to be a very influential phase of their development,” DLĦ volunteer and competition organiser Stanley Farrugia Randon said.
“The best way to get them to appreciate the beauty and fragility of our environment is to expose them to it, giving them the opportunity and the time to see its complexity.”
The theme of the photographs will be flora and fauna, and they must be taken at Majjistral Park. DLĦ is part of the Heritage Parks Federation management which runs the Park.
There will be two categories of photographs for submissions: one for flora and one for fauna. A prize of €300 is to be awarded to each of the winning entries for the two photographic categories, and €200 for the second-placed entrants. Participants are also encouraged to send a photo of themselves in the park.
Entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy sent to email@example.com by not later than 30 December 2023.
The judging panel will be composed of Din l-Art Ħelwa and Bank of Valletta members.
FLORA AND FAUNA PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION
Sponsored by Bank of Valletta
Conditions of Participation
- This competition is open to children between 10 and 16 years.
- There will be two categories of photographs for submissions:
- Category A: Photo of flora
- Category B: Photo of fauna
- Each participant may submit a maximum of one photo, one for each c
- Participants must have full rights on the entries submitted.
- All images must be original. By virtue of submitting an entry, the author certifies the work as his own and permits the organisers to reproduce all or part of the entered material for publication and/or display in media related to this particular event. Participants personally assume responsibility for any claim or liability arising out of the publication of their entries. The organisers categorically disclaim any liability whatsoever.
- Each photo should be submitted on a separate email with the title of the photo written as the subject of the email.
- A first prize will be awarded to the best entry of each category as long as it reaches the acceptable standard. No work will be eligible to more than one award.
- The organisers reserve the right to reject any entry.
- In the event of a winning work is later found to have violated any of the above conditions, the organisers reserve the right to take any action they deem suitable, including the withdrawal of the prize awarded. In such an event, the winning entry will be declared void.
- Participation in this competition signifies acceptance of all the above conditions.